Notice of the Annual General Meeting of the Blakeney Harbour Association Charitable Incorporated Organisation
Charity Number 1163228
To be held at 7pm on Saturday 5th May 2018 at the Blakeney Harbour Rooms, High Street, Blakeney, NR25 7NU
ORDER OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
1. Trustee retiral. As required by the constitution of the Blakeney Harbour Association charity, two trustees will retire being Neil Thompson and Tom Harrison.
2. Neil Thompson and Tom Harrison offer themselves for re-election.
3. Approval of the minutes of the AGM of 28th April 2017 (attached).
4. Matters arising not dealt with elsewhere in the agenda.
5. Correspondence not dealt with elsewhere in the agenda.
6. Members will be asked to approve an amendment to the Charity’s objects whereby you:
Approve an amendment to the Charity’s Objects to the effect that “maintain , improve, protect and conserve Blakeney Harbour for the benefit of the public including all users of the Harbour and the communities of Blakeney and Morston” and “Advance education through the provision of advice and information to the users of Blakeney Harbour and the communities of Blakeney and Morston and its surrounding areas” are in both cases amended to include Cley and Stiffkey.
7. Receive the charity’s Report and Accounts (see attached) and questions arising.
8. Resolution to accept the Report and Accounts.
9. Audit Committee Report (see attached) and questions arising.
10. Buoyage and Harbour Maintenance Committee Report (see attached) and questions arising.
11. Environment Committee Report (see attached) and questions arising.
12. Membership and Fundraising Committee Report (see attached) and questions arising.
13. Fielden Legacy Report (see attached) and questions arising.
14. Crown Estate, Marine and Coastal Act 2009, Marine Navigation Act 2013, National Trust, Marine Management Organisation Report and Consultation proposal (see attached) and questions arising.
15. National Trust verbal report.
16. Police Report (see attached).
17. Harbour Sedimentation Group Report (see attached)
18. Harbour Water Quality and Invasive Species update (see attached)
19. Appointment of James Cowan and Jason Bean as Trustees. James Cowan and Jason Bean have been appointed as Trustees in accordance with the Charity Constitution since the last AGM and are required to offer themselves for re-appointment.
20. Further Trustee Appointment. At the 2017 AGM Trustees undertook to consider the balance between “professional” Trustees (those who earn all or part of their living from the harbour) and other Trustees. At present there are five “professional” Trustees and two “non-professional”. The constitution allows the appointment of a further Trustee and the present Board suggests that an additional “non-professional” Trustee therefore be appointed. Member nominations are welcomed.